Client Success Story: More Information Doesn’t Equal More Money or Sales
One of my clients is a trainer/ coach with a niche serving women athletes in a specific sport.
He’s great at what he does, well respected, and very accomplished as a coach.
But his offers weren’t selling and he became worried about the growth of his coaching business.
When he became a private client, we started off by looking at his unique blend of Talent and Genius and how that shows up in his marketing, selling, and overall business.
With a very down to earth style and big heart, “John” makes a lasting impression on clients once they start working together.
His challenge, though, was getting clients.
Natural strengths sometimes work against us. John has a natural strength in explaining things and making sure all bases are covered when teaching someone. This is great if you’re teaching a class, but can be overwhelming in marketing. His sales letters had a LOT of information and over-explained all the features (instead of pumping up the benefits).
His one-to-one sales conversations involved him talking a lot and explaining every tiny detail of his programs, how to call him, number of calls… instead of connecting to his prospective’s clients big dreams and how his unique Talent and Genius could help them find a way out.
Within just a few coaching sessions and some ongoing tweaking, John’s approach took a sharp turn in a stronger direction.
We analyzed his marketing the same way he’d analyze his clients’ athletic skills. We spotted his weak points and made plans to strengthen them. What made it really effective was his positive attitude, ability to take feedback, and willingness to try something new.
Here are some of the highlights of John’s success:
- He has a firm understanding of why he’s the obvious choice for his ideal clients. He’s able to highlight his T.A.G. to build the know, like, trust, and buy factor!
- With clearer sales pages and less overkill on the features, his offers are selling!
- He’s found his own comfortable way of engaging in the one-to-one sales conversation so he never feels like he’s forcing a prospect into something. His close rate has increased and he no longer dreads sales calls.
- He’s added in higher level of engagements with his followers who now find more value in the content he creates and develop a deeper sense of loyalty to him and his message.
- He’s building his list and connecting with others in his industry for win-win opportunities.
- John is making more money, selling his services at higher prices, and continues to meet or exceed his goals!
John is a great success story to share because he took action and made things happen.
What’s interesting to note is that John hovered around my world for several months before hiring me. He’d show up for free calls and always ask questions. But it took him months to finally step forward and contact me about coaching.
He realized that going for piecemeal solutions wasn’t going to cut it. I’m happy to have him as a client and can’t wait to see what the next phase of his business brings!
Apply for a Strategy Session with me and come face to face with important decisions about your business. Click the button below to get started: